Tuesday 22 December 2009

In the bleak midwinter...

Today I needed to buy some more Christmas cards and pop into the bank, so we walked into the village (it's about 2 miles). We did a bit of sledging on the way.

The snow is really coming down today, it's quite deep in places.







Tiring work!

Mr Snowman's face is almost covered in snow!

Big icicles


I was so relieved when we got home. It's uphill all the way back, my legs were aching so much. I'm going to have a hot cup of coffee now.

How's the weather where you are?


6 comments:

cabcree said...

snowing here, but nothing much. We haven't had much at all this year yet.

I thought you all used Kilometers there...but you said miles...just curious. :)

Sarah said...

No we're still miles here. Many units of measurement are metric, but distance on maps and signs is still measured in miles and car speed limits are also measured in miles.

♥Mrs. Michele B♥ said...

It's cold and snowy here too! You can read about our fun in the snow last night, on my blog. (o:

Blessings and Hugs my friend!
~Michele

Slice of life said...

we have snow but the road has been compacted into ice rained on and then frozen solid. Nice. Walked to the grit bin with our "sick person bucket". Filled it and scattered on the drive and pavement so we could got to work. the neighbour was laughing as I went with one crutch and golf shoes on so the spikes would help me grip the ice on the pavement

The Bookworm said...

Not so bad here today ... all the main roads were nice and clear, though I passed a few abandoned cars from yesterday on my way back from the supermarket. Our cul-de-sac is still full of snow, but in town it was getting pretty slushy. Your two small people did well managing that long walk in the snow (and so did you!)

Sarah said...

Merry Christmas! Here's hoping for more snow! LOL