Monday 31 August 2015

Holidays

We've had a brilliant holiday in Wales, in a beautiful country cottage about 7 miles from the coast.  We had a fantastic time.  In fact Squidge loved it so much she's obsessed with buying a small-holding out there.  We are apparently going to have ducks, chickens, dogs, ponies and some llamas.  Squidge is also learning Welsh, in preparation, bless her.  For those of you who don't know, the Welsh have their own language which is very different from English - they all speak English too, but some areas prefer to use Welsh.  It's Celtic language.  I love words so I find it fascinating.

We went on a steam railway, climbed down 300ft of steps at a place called Devil's Bridge, go rock-pooling, watched dolphins and seals, visited a farm, visited some friends at their small-holding, and visited a National Trust house.

Well, I'm not sure how much blogging I'll do this week, but I'll have to see :)

4 comments:

emerrube said...

sounds fun! what's a National Trust house? guess I should use the googler. ;)

glad you had a great time!

Sarah H said...

The National Trust preserve historic places and areas - therefore a NT house is an old house of historic interest :) x

emerrube said...

How very interesting! Something I'd like to do.

Deanna said...

How do I follow your blog? I couldn't find a follow this blog place on your sight. Will keep looking.
Blessings from the Kansas prairie,
d