Tuesday 17 July 2018

One Beautiful Dream - Jennifer Fulwiler - Book Review


5 stars
This book is just brilliant. I read it in under 24 hours...I'm on holiday, so why not! It is both funny and moving.

I found it particularly moving because it answered inner questions I mull over often about decisions we have made as a family.

I love her thoughts about the 'blue flame' - the passion that ignites a fire within you. About 'wholeness of vision' - that we cannot control the now, but to see what our choices now will look like in the future. About the fear of asking for help because you don't want people to see your mess. The advice from Father George: "Where there is no unity, there is no God. God is always calling us to connection, to unity, and if we don't have that, we are not walking with God...We always think like individuals, like the work that we do has nothing to do with anyone else. God wants us to see what we do as just one small part of something greater..." These and other snippets have given me a lot to think about.

And the image of her climbing in and out of the car window due to a broken door was hilarious.

Well recommended.



No comments: