Monday 15 March 2010

Just checking in...

Angela has just pointed out that I haven't posted for a fortnight! I'm absolutely fine, just been so busy at church and home that the days are just flying by!

Hope you're all OK. Sorry I've not got around your blogs much over the past two weeks. I have visited here and there, but not commented much.

Here's a scripture that has been speaking to me deeply recently:

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does. James 1: 22-25 (NIV)

God is good.

(((eHugs)))


4 comments:

Madness and mayhem said...

It’s good to have you back. I wish I could be as open with my faith as you are. I’m fine in church and at home and in every part of my life apart from blog land. God is a huge part of my life and I don’t know why I can’t get over this hurdle. Any way I will keep praying about that one.
God Bless
Sarah

Sarah said...

Thanks! :)

If you are able to share in your church and in your daily life I wouldn't worry too much about your blog, whilst the internet is a fun place I think God will use us where He has planted us.

The trouble with blogs, mine included, is you only see the side of a person they want you to see. Lol, it's much harder to live out your faith when people can see us warts n' all! :) (NB: I am not covered in warts - but you know what I mean!!) :P

I reckon we all have times where we feel we can't (or won't) share our faith - whether in word or action - but, as you say, we ought to pray for the boldness and the words and He has promised to supply them if we just trust. It's something I struggle with too.

We've been learning in the preaching recently that Jesus lived off every word that came from the mouth of God. Oh to be so close to our Father in Heaven that we hear and know what His will is in every situation.

This scripture comes to mind:
1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Is my life a living sacrifice? No...but it's something I long for!

LOL Very long comment from me...I'll sign off now.

God bless. x

Angela said...

Glad you are ok

And you are right in your [long] comment

It is not easy to share our faith - and blog-land is a very unreal place.

Like you, working hard at the Romans 12 thing about being transformed by Him

blessings x

Sandra said...

Glad to hear that you're ok, was wondering about you :)

Hugs,
Sandra