Tuesday 17 July 2012

For Prayer

I would be so grateful for prayer.  So many things are going on that I'm struggling to cope with, I guess I'm just vulnerable right now.

You know that we recently left our church of many years (in fact for me it was the only church I'd ever been a member of), and I am still dealing with the emotions and pain that come from leaving.  I could write a four page rant...but bitterness is not a Jesus-like quality (and I do so want to be more like him)...I might share when things aren't so raw so that I can express things more objectively.

I feel confused, conflicted, emotional, sad, and slightly lost.  But snippets of joy slip through here and there.  Little drops of grace.

Please pray that the love of Christ carries us through.

My mum and dad are struggling with a heavy workload related to the care of my grandma (my mum isn't in the best of health always).  We love Grandma so much, but caring is tiring and all consuming and all they want is for her to be happy and comfortable.  The government don't make things easy for the carer or the elderly - everything is far too complicated and takes far too long when time is short.

Please pray for my grandma's care - that she is happy and contented.  Please pray for mum and dad that these years of retirement are not bogged down by worry, strain and stress.

My granddad may have ear-cancer.  We are waiting for results.  It doesn't look good.

Please pray for my granddad for his healing and that he finds God in all this.  I'm so worried about him. I love my granddad.

Thank you dear bloggy friends.

“God never asked us to meet life's pressures and demands on our own terms or by relying upon our own strength. Nor did He demands that we win His favour by assembling an impressive portfolio of good deeds. Instead, He invites us to enter His rest.” ― Charles R. Swindoll

12 comments:

Elizabethd said...

You have such a lot to cope with, emotionally at the moment, and without the support of a loving church it is very difficult. Of course , you will be in my prayers.
Know that the Lord never lets us cope with more than is possible, and He knows us so well.

allisamazing said...

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Angela said...

Gosh, you are going through it right now. Hang on to the promises of Isaiah 43 - 'deep waters' seem particularly appropriate in this wet and flooded summer. You remain in my thoughts and prayers
love and blessings x

Sarah said...

Thanks Elizabeth, it is so true, God knows us so well.

Sarah said...

Thank you x

Sarah said...

Thanks Angela, I'll look that scripture up.
x

Anonymous said...

The last 3 years were my deep-water times and I know *exactly* the feelings that you're describing. Hang on sweet friend....Please know that you are loved by many, but most importantly, by your Heavenly Father. You are His daughter and He cares....

I will be praying, my friend.....

Melissa said...

You have my prayers...you've been on my mind a great deal as I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you. Hugs.

Sarah said...

Thank you, you are such a dear. Hugs.

Sarah said...

Thank you xxhugs

Susan B said...

I will be praying for you, and your family.

Sarah said...

Thank you Susan, that is so sweet of you. x