Monday 4 March 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 4th March 2013

Visit Sandra for more HHM posts

The Weather:
Sunny, but cold.  I've actually got some washing hanging outside on the line, which always makes me happy!

Right now I am:
Drinking some Coke and eating Cadbury Twirl Bites - Mmmmm *dribble*.  I might make myself a coffee in a minute, G broke our coffee jug last week and the replacement finally came today. Huzzah!

Thinking:
That I might just get to do some gardening this week, and also that I need to go out and check whether my washing has dried and do some ironing. :)

On my reading pile:
Haha do you really want to know?  Well here's a picture:


Well, there's various Bibles...but bookwise I am reading The Mermaids Singing by Val McDermid - it's a crime thriller.  I'm reading How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie - which someone from church lent me.  Lioness Arising by Lisa Bevere - again lent to me by someone from church, but I'm struggling to finish it, I'm not sure it's for me.  Me and My Big Mouth by Joyce Meyer - I've almost finished it, but have slowed down due to the amount of books I've got going on.  On my Kindle I'm reading How to be Assertive in Any Situation by Sue Hadfiled and Gill Hasson.

The other books you can see in the picture is the Power of Praying collection by Stormie OMartian - I dip into this every so often.  Effortless Change by Andrew Womack - Mum's lent me it.  Why Pro-life by Randy Alcorn - G brought it home from work.  The Book of Common Prayer - I'm dipping into it for the Lenten prayers and scriptures.  Light for My Path - scriptures for every situation, sent to me ages ago by my bloggy friend Michele.  Domestic Tranquility: A Brief Against Feminism by F. Carolyn Graglia.

I bet you're glad I shared all that aren't you ;)

On my TV:
Ooooh, new season of CSI.
Person of Interest
Rev series 1 so funny

Favourite blog post this week:

It's not a post from this week, but I read it this week :)  It's Answering the Question of Suffering Without Words by Jennifer Fulwiler, I have some thoughts on suffering myself, but I will perhaps share that another time. Jennifer Fulwiler is a atheist to Catholic convert and I always enjoy reading her thoughts on various topics.  Here's a quote:

"And so when we are asked "Where is your God when people suffer?" and we can't seem to find the right words, the crucifix provides its own, wordless response: He is right here, suffering with us."

Yes, Christ understands because He has suffered it all, has been tempted by it all.  He understands.

Something fun to share:
Haha, Taylor Swift I Knew You Were Trouble (Goat Edition), really made me and G chuckle:


On the menu for this week:

In no particular order:

Chicken in white wine sauce and rice
Pork loin steaks
Lasagne
Salmon
...and then I go shopping

On my to-do list:
Ironing
Clean kitchen floor
Clean bathroom and toilet

What I am sewing, knitting, creating:
Nothing, the only thing creative I've been doing recently is writing.

Homemaking tips:
If you're feeling overwhelmed it's amazing what 5 minutes tidying in each room, working your way round the house, can do to improve your sanity.

Looking around the house:
Spilt guinea pig food I've found at the back of a cupboard, G playing Medal of Honour on the Wii (he's off work sick with a flu-bug), sunlight filtering through the living room curtains heralding spring!

From the camera:
Sneaky crocus that I never planted has appeared - a lovely surprise.


On my prayer list:
A friend who has difficult family issues to deal with.
My mum
My granddad
G and his flu-bug

Bible verse / Devotional:
"Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little." Luke 7:47

Lord let me be filled with gratitude for your love and forgiveness towards me.  I have sinned much, but I have been forgiven much too.  Let me offer a response of love towards You Lord, but also towards those whom I might otherwise look down upon because of their sins, instead remembering that I have been forgiven much and therefore I ought to love much.  Let my gratitude overflow with mercy. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a fun post to read! Wow I thought I read several books at once, but you read A LOT more at a time than I do. :)

Sarah said...

Too many books...so many books, so little time! :)