Monday 15 September 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 15th September 2014


For more Happy Homemaker Mondays visit Sandra!

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::

This morning I had blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, Greek yogurt, linseed and granola.  Mmmm.  With a glass of apple juice and a black coffee.

On today's to do list::::

Go to grandma's whilst she has a shower and do her cleaning.
Helping Dad with decorating at their house.
Grocery shopping.
Taking Squidge to gymnastics and Chatterbox to her church youth group.

Currently reading::::

'Why, Despite Everything, Christianity can still make Surprising Emotional Sense' by Francis Spufford.

I've just finished 'Misreading Scripture with Western Eyes' by E. Randolph Richards and Brandon J. O'Brien, and 'One Thousand Gifts' by Ann Voskamp.  I'm hoping to do some Good Reads reviews, if I get time, and I'll post them here.

On the TV today::::

A History of Britain with Simon Schama and old episodes of NCIS.

The weather outside is::::

Very damp.

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::

Read! Yay!  Do some Good Reads reviews.


In the garden::::

Too damp to do anything today.  But I'm just trying to keep it tidy for when the new people move in, so nothing new being done.

Favourite photo[s] from the camera::::

Photos from our holiday in Devon.  I was playing around with 'Dramatic' setting on my camera.  I got some nice ol' spooky photos. :)

St Nicholas's church in Ringmore, Shaldon.  A 13th century chapel.



The obligatory yew tree found in ye olde churchyards in England.



A cottage in the village

Kingswear Castle on Dartmouth River


Eagle Owl, part of a falconry display at Powderham Castle


A stag at Powderham

Sunset view from our cottage garden



View towards our cottage, you can see the thatched roof at the end.




Homemaking Tip::::

Don't sweat the small stuff.  You're making a home not a mausoleum to display your stuff.

Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::

Nothing off the top of my head right now. :)  Read lots of lovely stuff, but can't remember where LOL

Praying for::::

Moving house.  There's so much to do and the process is so slow.  Praying that all will go smoothly and that our new home will be very blessed.

My Mum who's suffering with her poly-myalgic-rheumatica.

My granddad.

My grandma who's seemed under-the-weather recently.

Some friends of ours who have asked for prayer.

That Scotland with stay in the union!


Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment::::

Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. ~ Philippians 4:5

7 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Can I be your Goodreads friend? I'm kmaston and I really should go on the site more often, but I tend to let the books pile up.
I hope both your grandparents begin to feel good, more like themselves, soon!
Bless you as you pack up and prepare for your new home!

Sarah H said...

Of course you can, I'll find you on there. I have phases where I go on GoodReads lots and then I don't go on for months. x

Tamy Bollar said...

I love the photos from your holiday - Beautiful! Sounds like you're going to have a productive week. I hope it's wonderful.

Celes :) said...

Lovely photos! Thanks for sharing them :)

Elizabeth said...

Your breakfast sounds like mine, minus the blackberries.

Sandra said...

I love those photos, so beautiful, you must have had a great time. :)

Debbie said...

Beautiful photos! I love the sound of your breakfast. I shall have to try that. What a nice way to start the day. Have a lovely week. :)