Friday 5 February 2010

Ice skating


We're going ice skating at a local ice-rink over in W. Yorks tomorrow - yes folks, I'm crossing the border! ;)

The girls are SO excited. I'm a little concerned. I said to my Dad today, "I'll ring you from the hospital to give you the heads-up on the broken bones".

Lol.

I have only ever ice-skated once before. I fell over. I was a teenager and was rather smitten with one of the lads we had gone ice-skating with. I was that busy mooning (no not baring my behind, but in the context of: to spend in idle reverie : dream ) that I crashed into someone and landed on my head. I've had mental problems since....hahahaha well not quite. :) But I was very dizzy afterward.

So, given my history in the world of ice-skating, I'm not sure how I will fare. Hubs, on the other hand, considers himself the next Dean - I however am not the next Torvill.

Squidge has been counting down the hours she is so excited. It should be fun, despite my misgivings! :)



How cute is this picture?:

Reminds me a bit of the film...about the animals finding their way home...can't remember the name right now.



On a totally different subject, isn't this scripture wonderful?

Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

I will take away the chariots from Ephraim and the war-horses from Jerusalem, and the battle-bow will be broken. He will proclaim peace to the nations. His rule will extend from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth.

As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit.

Return to your fortress, O prisoners of hope; even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you.


Zechariah 9:9-12

It just reminds me of what Jesus has done. That this was prophesied about our Lord all those hundreds of years before he rode into Jerusalem on the colt. Our Lord, so humble of heart, yet the conqueror of all that binds us. King of kings, Lord of Lords.

Amen. xxx


7 comments:

Pamela said...

Is it Homeward Bound?

A Quiet, Gracious Life said...

I was going to suggest Homeward Bound too.

I hope you have lots of fun ice skating and that you all come home with no broken bones! I skated a bit as a child but have weak ankles so I never was any good. Now roller skating on the other hand was different, I did quite well at that. Although I did break my arm while doing it. LOL (o;

Oh and I LOVE the picture of the beautiful dog walking with the kitty. Huskies/Malamutes are not known for loving cats so that makes the picture all the more special.

Well, I've written a short novel in your comments section so I'll sign off.

And yes I am in awe of the Scriptures and how they foretold of our Lord's coming hundreds of years before He came. Praise the Lord!!!

Blessings and Hugs,
~Michele

. said...

I hope you will have a good time. I never skated.
About the story of the animals, I know what you are talking about, I remember my sister had a book with that tale but I don't remember the name.
ALfazema

Sarah said...

Homeward Bound! That's the one. Such a cute film.

We had lots of fun ice-skating.

xxxx

Susan B said...

I'm glad you had a fun time ice skating. I took an ice skating class at a community college years ago, though I was never very good at it. I like the picture of the dog and cat....very cute.

Slice of life said...

love those dogs. hope the skating goes well. snowing here again.

oh and the new words Ihave learnt are

rocket salad = arugala
swede = routabaga (sorry cant spell those)

I love the differences between American and English word

The Bookworm said...

Glad you had fun skating. My neighbour and I once took 4 girls skating at half term. Packed rink + entry queues + queues for skates + queues for lockers + wrong sized skates + blisters + more queues for skates + queues to get lunch bags back from lockers + yet more skate queues = 2 mothers who came home, hit the sherry at 3pm (and we are not normally drinkers) and vowed nobody was going skating again until they were old enough to take themselves!