Tuesday 7 June 2011

I am the fairest daughter of the year.

Mine is the Month of Roses; yes, and mine
The Month of Marriages! All pleasant sights
And scents, the fragrance of the blossoming vine,
The foliage of the valleys and the heights.
Mine are the longest days, the loveliest nights;
The mower's scythe makes music to my ear;
I am the mother of all dear delights;
I am the fairest daughter of the year.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
June is a lovely month, not quite summer, not quite the end of Spring. That joyous moment between, before we all start to think about Christmas...Ahem.

It is also the month of Squidge's birthday...the fairest daughter of the year. Well, along with Chatterbox, who - bien sûr - is also a fair daughter! :)

Squidge is 7 years old. I'm so proud of my little girl, she's a little treasure.

Boots is in every birthday photo of course, she's quite the kitty Prima Donna.

Have a super-dooper week.

Pip, pip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Squidge! They grow up so quickly, don't they?....

That picture of Boots is priceless! What a cute kitty. (o;

Aliene said...

Just stopping by to say thanks for
reading my blog and praying for Logan. He did not have a good day yesterday. They think he had a seizure. His Mom did not report since Tuesday. We heard at church that he had a bad day. Continue to pray for him and his family. Thanks
Aliene

emerrube said...

bootsie! so funny. :) and I think I said it or liked it on facebook...but happy b-day to your girl again. :)