Monday 28 July 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday 28th July

For more Happy Homemaker Mondays visit Sandra!

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::

This morning I had red grapes, banana, yogurt, linseed and oats.  Mmmm.

On today's to do list::::
Today I've done an hours ironing.
Started to clear out the shed.
Taken some stuff to the tip.
Done an hour sorting out paperwork.
Done a little shopping and now here I am. :)

Currently reading::::

They Shall Expel Demons by Derek Prince - sounds a bit intense, I'm reading it because one of the subjects we've covered recently at Bible college is deliverance.

On the TV today::::

Old episodes of Criminal Minds.

The weather outside is::::

Warm, it's been lovely today, but quite a bit fresher than it has been of late.

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::

Read! Yay!



In the garden::::

Just a little weeding and watering.

Favourite photo[s] from the camera::::

Poor pussy-cat.
This is from a few weeks ago. Firemen trying to rescue a cat from a tree on our local field.  The owners tried various ways to try to get puddy out of the tree, but it was having none of it.  They eventually got tree surgeons in. As the man reached the uppermost branches puddy launched herself like a flying squirrel out of the tree, landed in heavy undergrowth and vanished.  Luckily she turned up the next day uninjured.  The owners have 23 cats!  23!  I struggle with just one.  I think that some of them are show cats.


Homemaking Tip::::

Open, deal with, bin or file post as soon as it is delivered, otherwise it builds up and up and ends up a nightmare of paper.

Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::

Nothing off the top of my head right now. :)  Read lots of lovely stuff, but can't remember where LOL

Praying for::::

Moving house.  There's so much to do and the process is so slow.  Praying that all will go smoothly and that our new home will be very blessed.

My granddad who's not feeling very well after a recent trip to hospital.

My grandma who's not too good at the moment too, I think it's the hot weather.

Some friends of ours who have asked for prayer.

For Israel and those living on the Gaza strip.


Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment::::

But you will not leave in haste or go in flight; for the LORD will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard.Isaiah 52:12

8 comments:

Melissa Hopper said...

Wow your already tackling your to do list! That is awesome.

Sandra said...

Look at you getting all those things on the to do list ticked off. LOL I got a few done, but still have some that I don't feel like doing anymore. This rainy weather is making me want to just sit down with my cup of tea and do nothing.

That poor cat....and goodness 23? I'm allergic to cats, even one would debilitate me LOL

Sarah H said...

The time stamp on this post must be set to a different time zone. I posted my HHM in the afternoon, lol don't be too impressed! :D

Sarah H said...

I love sitting indoors all cosy when it's raining.

And even for me, crazy cat lady, 23 is 20 too many! :)

Sarah H said...

Yep, changed to GMT +0 and it's showing 17.55pm. :) x

the smelly lady said...

Glad kitty was rescued. we had one of the neighborhood cats get too high up in a tree once. It was ME on the top of the ladder, with everyone standing around on the ground. Finally kitty decided to get close enough I could grab him and down we went. It was a long drawn out process for kitty to actually trust me enough to help.

Have a great week!

Elizabeth said...

Cats do that. Just when all the emergency services have arrived, cat leaps daintily from tree/roof or wherever. They have a mind of their own. I have to say that 23 is tooooo many!

Melanie Lopata said...

I love reading when I have free/quiet time!!!

I love when firemen rescue animals. I once called them to save a bird who was stuck near the roof of my house. Don't ask, it was an odd situation but they got him out :)

Hours of ironing?? GASP I cannot even fathom :( I hate to iron. Er, I don't iron!