Saturday 17 December 2011

Like a child

I want to feel Christmas, how it used to be
With all of it's wonder falling on me
This season has felt so empty, oh for quite a while
I want to feel Christmas like a child

I want to see snowflakes fall to the ground
My brothers and sisters all gathered around
Singing "Away In A Manger" as we sit by the fire
I want to feel Christmas like a child


It's been so long now, I can't say
Just when I lost my way
But I'm going back to how it was
When this day meant everything
And we spent our time remembering
The baby Child born for us

It's all about Jesus, asleep in the straw
This infant, this King, this Saviour for all

So I don't need bells to be ringing
'Cause I'll join with angels singing
Gloria
And I can feel Christmas like a child
I want to feel Christmas like a child...

by Third Day

There is a great beauty in the belief of little children.  Truth is truth - and not some philosophical relative concept to debate.  Belief means that something is true, real, definite.   Faith is simple, unquestioning.

As Jesus taught us, we are to be as little children. 

At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.  But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea...

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.  Matthew 18: 1-6; 10 (emphasis mine)

Oh to have such a simple, beautiful faith that my angel would always behold the face of my Father Who dwells on high!  To cling to the knowledge that we have a Saviour Who died for us and a Father Who allows us by the blood of His Son into His presence!

The beauty of God is indescribable, the love of God is unfathomable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!

Susan B said...

Amen, my friend!