Monday 20 September 2010

Busy busy busy

I've been a tad busy, hence the lack of blog posts over the past few days...how long has it been? 8 days, not that long.

Anywaaay, what have I been up to? My Mum and Dad are away so I'm in charge of Grandma. Lol, I go around to clean her house and it's cleaner before I start than my own house is after I've cleaned! But if I don't vacuum round she'll try herself, and at nearly 91 that's bound to end badly.

I'm also keeping an eye on Mum and Dad's house. So I popped in today to find a note from a delivery company pushed through the door. 'Parcel next to hosepipe in back garden'. "Oh man!" Since it's been raining solidly all weekend I wonder how long the parcel's been there, plus I thought the gate was locked?? So I check. Gate is locked. Parcel has been lobbed over the fence and is soaking wet. My Dad's new book is ruined. Grrrr. So spend morning trying to contact Mum and Dad and trying to find the purchase information on Mum and Dad's computer. Sasanfasanrasan.

On a more jolly note, we went out for a lovely meal on Saturday night to a local Italian restaurant. It was LOVELY although hubby's seafood meal with the little mini-octopus tentacles and my youngest playing with the inside of a mussel rather put me off my meal. "Look Mummy it has a tongue." Yuck.

I'm a bit manic at work. We're under staffed and I'm having to work extra - not a mega amount - but when you're trying to keep up with other stuff it gets tiring. I haven't cleaned the hallway at church for 2 weeks now and if I don't do it, it doesn't get done!

What else? I've been watching Castle on TV, that's a new one. I think CSI and Criminal Minds may be starting up soon, so that's enough crime dramas to promote nightmares for a year!! We've also started watching The Middle, which is OK. I've also been watching Pope Benedict XVI's visit to the UK, which has been fascinating. I think he's said some very good things, particularly in speaking out against aggressive atheism/secularism. Atheists and secularists of the more intolerant type have been making it increasingly difficult in the UK to even mention faith. If you mention your faith at work you're in danger of being sacked because you 'might hurt someone's feelings'. Apparently we MUST agree with them and keep our thoughts and opinions to ourselves or else we will be punished! Chuh!

Sorry this has been very rambling. I need to go get the girls from dancing now.

See ya later! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe the postal carrier would just throw it over the fence!

Sounds like you're busy busy busy! (o:

Susan B said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad's book...that's a shame the postal person was so careless.

I love to watch Castle! The new season starts tonight...yay! Do you get NCIS and Bones? They are my other favorites. I've also been watching Inspector Lewis...another good program.

Sounds like you have been very busy! Have a good week! :)

Melissa said...

We have bad luck with postal carriers ruining stuff too. I hope you get it straightened out.

Yeah - you better stay on top of Grandma's. Don't want her to get hurt.

Hugs.

Sarah said...

Michele - I think they didn't think! :)

Susan - yes we watch NCIS and Bones, lol, so many crime dramas!

Melissa - Grandma's home is shiny clean! :)

Hugs

Sarah said...

- oh and I love Lewis.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

You sure are busy but I think you want to do because you are one sweet lady. Tonight I watched a football game and missed all the new shows and the returning ones. I know how it feels when dealing with religion at work because I worked at a state run home. YUK

Anonymous said...

oi. I meant to comment yesterday. Sorry to hear about your dad's book too. That's just rotten to throw it over the fence.

and it makes me so sad to hear that it's getting harder and harder to mention God and our faith in so many parts of the world.

Sarah said...

Aww, thanks Joyce :)

Cabcree - where I used to work there was a sign on the wall that outward expressions of faith to other people might be considered religious harassment. So I posted Isaiah 52-53 on my noticeboard. No-one said anything, lol.

Anonymous said...

hello to every one - hope yous had a nice one - iv blew 3 months of dieting in one day ha , all the best for new year -
michael