Tuesday 19 October 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday Tuesday


I'm a bit late with this!

The weather in my neck of the woods:

Sunny/cloudy now, but it's been rainy/cold most of the day

Things that make me happy:
My children. I love them so much

Book I'm reading:
Nothing right now, but I picked the following books off the bookshelf at church:

Taking Your Place in Christ by Mark Hankins
They Met at Calvary - were you there? by WE Sangster
I Am With You Always: True Stories of Encounters with Jesus by G. Scott Sparrow

What's on my TV today:

Saved on Sky+ we have:

4 episodes of Castle
Criminal Minds
A League of Their Own
Countdown
Match of the Day
Air Crash Investigation
Top Gear
Match of the Day 2 (sheesh! ;) )
The Middle
V: the New Series
Malcolm in the Middle

we also have Malcolm in the Middle, The Middle and Deadliest Catch set up to record.

So who knows what we'll be watching today!

On the menu for dinner:
Child friendly either fish fingers mash n' peas or chicken drumsticks mash n' peas (Squidge's (my 6 year old) friend is coming round after school.

On my To Do List:
Ironing
Pick up the girls from school

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Quiche - I've never made my own quiche

In the craft basket:
More pom-poms!

Looking forward to this week:
Same as you Sandra! Parent/Teacher Conferences

Tips and Tricks:

To clean soap scum off the bath scrub with biological washing powder, it doesn't scratch the surface, it smells lovely and it really gets the soap scum/muck off. It can make the bath slippery though.

My favourite blog post this week:

I have two:
Angela's husband Bob's post: Manuel Gonzales Pavez
and
Jennifer at Conversion Diary's Prank calls and the power of humility This post made my eyes fill up, it's very moving give it a read. It relates a story from when she was an atheist.

“Do you know what I mean?” he had asked after telling me of how this God of his had taken a shattered mess of a life and restored it to something beautiful and whole. And as I closed my dorm room door, for a brief moment I wished more than anything that I did.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):

None right at the moment.


No words needed (favourite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):




Lesson learned the past few days:

That there is nothing wrong with admitting that you need a rest and that you can't do everything that you're being asked to.

On my mind:

My nan and granddad.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

On Sunday I was feeling quite low, but a sister read out this scripture and I really wept (well you know that sort of crying where you're trying to do it so quietly so as to not make a scene that you give yourself a headache!).

Psalm 121
A Song of Ascents.

1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.

7 comments:

Clare@ BattlementsOfRubies said...

"No words needed" I enlarged that photo and it still had me screwing up my eyes wondering what on earth that flappy thing was. I was thinking "Um, actually, words needed!"
And then i got it. I think.
Is it a falcon?

Anonymous said...

A lovely portion of Scripture, thank you for sharing it. (o:

And quiche is VERY easy and YUMMY. (o:

Sarah said...

Claire - Lol, here are the words: It's an eagle owl.

AQGL - I really must try to make quiche, I've been meaning to for a while. I have plenty of eggs!

Sarah said...

Claire, here's a post I did about the Eagle OwlEagle Owl.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful post! I love the passage of scripture that you have selected! My daughter had to quote that for a school spring play she was in when she was a little girl...I have loved it for so long!

I agree, quiche is easy and DELICIOUS! :) My family never liked quiche so I didn't make it as often as I would have liked! :)

Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Loved the post. (((Hugs)))

Sarah said...

Thanks Carolyn.

Thanks Joyce.

And hugs to you both. :)