Saturday 9 October 2010

Pom poms

How to make pom poms...

Use thick card from a cardboard box. To create neat circles you can use a compass or do what I did, I drew around a tin of plum tomatoes and used a 2p coin for the middle

Start with the wool pointing outwards from the centre and make sure you manicure your nails before taking close up photos! :)




Just keep on wrapping in wool.

Do not threaten your cat with wool, they WILL attack.

Once you can't really wrap much more wool around the card cut carefully around the edge


Take a length of wool and tie tightly in a knot between the card circles. This is to hold the shape of the pom pom and stop bits dropping off.



Remove the card circles carefully and voilĂ !




A fun project for little fingers.

7 comments:

Clare@ BattlementsOfRubies said...

Oh that is GREAT! Thank you! Just the thing I am looking for to keep the 7 yo busy without it being too tricky.
I've got some spare wool stashed away I can use for this.
thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

I really ought to do this with the girls but for some reason, I am afraid too. Doh!

Sarah said...

Claire & Melissa it's really easy and fun to do. The girls are making more as I type.

Angela said...

check this out http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/pom-pom-animals

blessings x

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog!
I remember making pom poms when I was a girl.
Eve x

Sarah said...

Thanks Angela, I'll check that link out.

Thanks Eve.

Mo said...

Everybody ought to make ONE pom-pom in their life! Thanks for the puffy reminder!