Saturday 27 July 2024

Catch up

 Wow, where did the week go?? I had all good intentions of posting at least twice this week.

It's been busy though.

I'm reading a couple of books at the moment.

This is a sweet story.

Wanted to read this for a while... it's a bit bleak haha


Sunday

We picked L up from her university - again (she was re-visiting) and picked up the last of her stuff from her uni house. She's living in a different house from September so we checked everything was clean and tidy before posting the key through the letterbox.

Monday

We had a late night on Monday, after work I travelled over to G's work where a friend of ours has been running Dungeons and Dragons games as a fundraiser. The game this week was a pirate themed game. It's hilarious and lots of fun. The idea was that we visited this fortified village near the coast and then we needed to find a ship's captain and steal a ship. We totally missed all our cues, ended up in prison, escaped and then commandeered a barge and ended up on an island. However, despite our ineptitude we did find a bit of treasure. It was a late night though, we finished the game at around 10.00 pm.

Tuesday

Tuesday was spent recovering from my late night. I yawned my way through the workday! We started to watch a film in the evening (Red with Bruce Willis) but didn't finish.

Wednesday

My birthday! One of my colleagues at work got me a cake, which was very kind (and very delicious). I left work earlier than normal and G picked me up. When I got home I had some lovely presents awaiting me. I realise that these presents wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but they were just what I wanted.

Vintage Sega Mega Drive

I have mentioned a few times I'd like a Sega Mega Drive (I think it was called Sega Genesis in the US). I remember this console from the 90s and playing Sonic and Street Fighter at university on a friend's console.

A notebook and pretty earrings
The girls got me a lovely pair of earrings and a notebook as well (I love notebooks). B ordered the notebook online and we laughed so much. You see, it is very pretty but on the front is a sleeve with the following text:

SAMPLE TEXT
WIND FLOWERS
SAMPLE TEXT

Born as the bright summer flowers

I believe I am
Born as the bright summer flowers
Do not withered undefeated fiery demon rule
-----------.-----------
I believe I am
Died as the quiet beauty of autumn leaves
Sheng is not chaos, smoke gesture
MGGAO

It is all very strange - something somewhere has been lost in translation I think! Then on the back is the first few verses of Genesis, which is nice.
 

Silent Hill a vintage Playstation game (I have an old Playstation 2)

I also got a copy of Silent Hill, a spooky vintage Playstation game that is quite rare and not cheap. 

A cake the girls made - it was DELICIOUS

The girls made me some cake, they said apologised was a bit messy but I think it's just a bit beautifully rustic and DELICIOUS.

Mum and dad came round to wish me a happy birthday, which was lovely. Then we went out for a meal.

Up on the moors

We went up to my favourite pub/restaurant up on the moors. There are amazing views up there. I had goats cheese and beetroot salad starter and then rag pudding, chips, veg and gravy for my main.

We came home, finished off the rest of the film Red and then fell into bed. A lovely day.

Thursday

Not much happened other than back to work and watched the film Lift in the evening.

Friday

My day off work. I cleaned the bathroom and did some washing - I was going to hang it outside and then the clouds came in threatening rain.

B and I have been cataloguing our DVDs, this sounds very boring I know but I love to organise things, and B loves a good spreadsheet!

For lunch we went out with my mum and dad, which was lovely, especially as L is home at the moment. We went to a local garden centre cafe, it was really busy, a 45 minute wait for food, but it was good to spend time with mum and dad. I was exhausted when I got home and went for a lie down, when I got up B had completely cleaned the house and hung the washing out! What a treasure she is.

So that's been my week. How are you?

Sarah x

4 comments:

KirstenM said...

I met my husband over 45 years ago at a dungeon and dragons game... all graph paper, pencils and 10 sided dice back then!

Sarah said...

Hi Kirsten, I prefer graph paper and pencils! I have an online character but B had to figure out the website for me. There are SO MANY DICE now. The DM kept saying 'roll me a dexterity check' and I was like 'which of the bazillion dice is that then?' haha

Jules said...

Belated Birthday wishes, Sarah. Your earrings look so pretty, and I did chuckle at the wording on your notebook. Xx

Sarah said...

Thank you ❤️