Friday 19 July 2024

Sunny day

This week was my first week of reduced hours at work, I've cut my hours down to 4 days a week. As the old adage says, no-one ever says on their deathbed that they wish they'd spent more days at the office!

I really want to be around for my mum and dad who are now late 70s nearly 80, and to be able to do some of the homey things I love to do and take care of my garden, and above all be able to take care of my family. These are the things that are truly important.

It's so good to just take a pause, and have breathing space. And it was lovely to have some time with my mum and dad today, just catching up.

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Interlude: The sofa saga

Today I vacuumed the living room, under the sofas to make it all clean because tomorrow our second sofa arrives!! Woo hoo. This is exciting because we ordered two sofas in April, a two seater and three seater. Our current sofas were basically falling apart. So we ordered them and paid for them. 

The two seater arrived within a week and the three seater was supposed to arrive within 5 weeks. But instead we were informed about two weeks later that because we didn't pay quickly enough the three seater was out of stock and they didn't know when it would arrive (this is ridiculous as we paid in the time frame the salesperson at the store gave us, i.e. we paid as soon as we got home online and we were given 24 hours). Anyway, G spent a lot of time on the phone and emailing and we ended up with a 'case worker'! Sounds like a social worker, not a customer service person. 

We were told finally that our three seater would be back in stock on the 10th July. Yay. Yet, no! Just before we were about to go on holiday at midnight on the 7th July G got an email to say our order had been cancelled as it had been on order for too long! So G make a lot of phonecalls and apparently it is arriving tomorrow morning.

I have a worry that the wrong sofa will arrive! But fingers and toes crossed!!

🌤️🌤️🌤️🌤️🌤️🌤️🌤️🌤️🌤️🌤️🌤️🌤️🌤️🌤️

I have done three loads of washing today. Nothing brings me greater joy that being able to hang my washing out. Washing dried outdoors has a beautiful scent.

Ah sunny skies and washing outside.

These wooden pegs were my nan's, they make me smile.

It's very warm for a kitty with a heavy coat of fur, so this can be resolved by actually sitting in the window.


I think the sunny weather is short lived and we are in for rain tomorrow afternoon again. The skies looked slightly ominous looking across the fields earlier.


Here's to a lovely weekend.

Sarah x

2 comments:

Jules said...

Surprisingly the kitty looks quite comfortable there.
We're also forecast some rain later. At least we won't need to water the garden. X

Sarah said...

Hi Jules, she does look very comfortable, cats do seem to have this ability to sleep and be comfy in the strangest places.

I'm hoping the rain holds out as I've just hung another load of washing out... living life on the edge haha